You hope your companion animal never needs to be administered first aid. But in the event that your pet becomes sick or experiences a medical trauma, it's important to be prepared.
A Pet First Aid Workshop will be held on Saturday, January 18, 2014 from 12:00 – 5:00 pm. The event will be held at Central Bark, 3513 S. 32nd Street, Sheboygan. Registration is limited and advanced registration is required. There is a $30 fee for this class, which includes an American Red Cross Pet First Aid book and DVD.
This pet first aid class will be presented by Dr. John Travis, Chief of Staff at Sheboygan Animal Hospital. Instruction will cover:
- Snout-to-Tail Assessment
- Administering medicine
- Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Managing urgent care situations
- Treating wounds and fractures
- Treating electrical shock
- Caring for eye, foot and ear injuries
- Restraining & Muzzling
- Canine & Feline CPR
- Choking Management
- Bleeding & Shock Management
- Insect Bites & Stings
- Caring For Your Senior Pet
- How to Make Your Own Pet First Aid Kit
To register, please call Central Bark at (920) 457-9663. Space is limited, so please reserve your spot soon. This workshop is for humans only. A Red Cross demo cat and dog will be provided for instruction.